The Tip of the Mitt Fiber Fair seeks to bring together people of all ages to experience and support the local ecosystem of natural fiber farmers, processors, and skilled artisans in Michigan’s northern lower peninsula. Through education and exhibition opportunities, as well as hands-on experience, we will encourage a vibrant and sustainable fiber economy.
Event dates and times: Saturday June 1st 9am to 5pm & Sunday June 2nd 10am to 4pm
Event Location: Emmet County Fairgrounds, Petoskey
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2019
Deadline for returning vendors: August 1st, 2018 (for same space)
All applications will be reviewed for acceptance. Booth payment is due at time of application. Contact Charli Rovenko at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-619-2896 (call or text) with questions of for more information. We wish to support Michigan and U.S farmers and products.
Barn stall for $100.00
Double barn stall for $175.00
10 x 10 indoor for $125.00
10 x 20 indoor for $225.00
Electricity for your booth is an additional $10.00
If you would like to bring fiber animals to this event we do have barn space available. Please list the type of animal and quantity you would like to bring and we will include stall cost and barn information in your vendor packet.
100% refund prior to December 1st, 2018
75% refund December 2nd to March 1st
Zero refund after March 1st
• Natural fibers, roving and yarns, fiber – craft supplies, dyes, spinning wheels, looms, etc.
• Items produced from natural fibers
• Books about natural fibers and their uses or animal care.
• Items related to the care of fiber producing animals.
• Natural fiber handmade baskets.
• Items depicting sheep, goats, rabbits, llamas, alpacas or other fiber producing animals. These items might include, but are not restricted to, mugs, sweatshirts, t-shirts, note paper or jewelry.
• Fiber related services, such as preparation of fleece for spinning, services related to the care of fiber producing animals, organizations promoting fiber-producing animals or the use of natural fiber.
All booths must display business name within the booth space.
Vendors may not advertise outside of their own stall space. All signage must be displayed within your booth space. All product and displays must be contained within the designated stall space.
The applicant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Tip of the Mitt Fiber Fair board of directors, the Emmet County fairgrounds, employees and agents, from all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses, accidents and occurrences (including attorney fees) arising out of, or in connection with, the performance of this agreement, activities associated with the event or arising out of applicant’s use of the facility, excepting however, all such claims, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses, accidents and occurrences caused by sole negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Tip of the Mitt Fiber Fair or The Emmet County Fairgrounds.